Owl Barn Haverthwaite - Owl Barn is the perfect place for exploring the Lakes and the Yorkshire Dales
Owl Barn is a 4 bedroom barn conversion retaining a wealth of original features. The superb large, oak beamed sitting room and dining room with open fire and oak floor is comfortably furnished with settees and armchairs, dining table and dining chairs. This room leads on toanother equally beautiful room again with oak beams and exposed stone walls, where TV or music can be enjoyed in comfort.
Looking out from the sitting room through large glass doors is the totally enlosed decked garden with dry stone walls and attractve plants. The view from here is exceptional and it makes a lovely area for sitting out and maybe having a BBQ.
The fully modernised kitchen (with Aga in the winter months) is well equipped with double oven and hob, dishwasher, fridge and freezer, microwave and breakfast bars.
The impressive master bedroom, which has its own gallery, giving the best view of the wonderful oak beamed sitting room, has a king size bed and its own en suite bathroom with bath, basin, wc and shaver point.
Downstairs there is a further 3 bedrooms, family bathroom with bath and shower, basin and wc and a further separate wc.
The largest of the 3 rooms has a king size bed and fitted cupboards, the second a double bed, cupboards and door leading out into the garden and the 3rd a single bed. All 3 rooms are beautifully appointed to the highest standard.
Also situated on this floor is the utility room which houses the washing machine and drier and is somewhere to come into from outside and leave those walking boots and possibly wet coats!
Owl Barn is a beautiful property and we have tried to equip it to the highest standard. Thought and effort has been put into the fabrics and furninshings and we hope it is as special to you as it is to us.
About the surrounding area
Unaffected by the hustle and bustle of the more central parts of the lakes this lovely valley offers a wide range of local attractions. On the edge of the village itself is one of the top Cumbrian visitor attractions, the Haverthwaite to Lakeside steam railway, which takes you to the Windermere lake cruise ships. On this you can travel the 11 miles of the lake and visit the waterhead and Bowness.
The local area also offers golf, bowling, tennis, Cumbria's premier stately home "Holker Hall", Lakeland Wildlife Oasis and South Lakes Wild Animal Park at Dalton, to mention just a few. In the nearby village of Cark is the railway station from which you can visit many day trip destinations along the coastal route, leaving the car at the station and relaxing along the journey.
There are many pubs and restaurants in the area (some award winning) including a pub in the village within walking distance from the property.
Features of the cottage
· All bed linen is provided at the property and towels can be provided on request.
· There are 4 television points in the property and it is equipped with 2 TVs, DVD, video, CD, radio and tape player.
· Logs and fireguard are provided for the open fire.
· There is a cot, high chair and stair gate.
· Private parking is for one car but there is ample room outside the property for more.
· Games, maps and visitors guides are provided.
· For the 2 decked areas outside there is garden furniture and BBQ.
· Phone for incoming calls.
· Also provided are iron and ironing board, coffee maker, slow cooker, Kenwood chef, toaster, all crokery, cutlery, glasses, casseroles, pots and pans etc.
· We do like people to be able to take their pets but this must be by arrangement with the owner.