Catered and Self Catering holiday accommodation set in 17 acres of tranquil Devon countryside. The best of both worlds - seclusion and privacy in the sympathetically landscaped gardens, walking or riding in the country. Lunch in a thatched pub.
A short ride to a multitude of facilities and fascinating locations.
- RANGE OF COMPLEMENTARY AND BEAUTY THERAPIES AVAILABLE TO ENHANCE YOUR STAY-
Nestling within our 17 acres, we are tranquilly located, deep in the heart of North Devon. Several miles from the nearest town, yet easily accessible to many facilities and places of interest. From the lane outside our land, the outlines of Dartmoor, Bodmin Moor and Exmoor beckon alluringly.
Bed & Breakfast accommodation is offered in The Retreat House or the tudor wing of The Priory.
A choice of different style properties,each with delightful country views, is also available on a self catering basis. Please enquire as prices vary according to season -
1)THE RETREAT HOUSE -barn conversion, sleeps up to 13 in 7 bedrooms, one twin en-suite, one double, one single, four twins. Extra large characterful lounge in the Acorn Studio with TV, video/DVD.
Adjoining is the Oak Lounge with woodburning stove (first basket of logs supplied), music centre. Superbly equipped kitchen with fridge freezer, microwave and dishwasher.
2)THE GARDEN STUDIO, comfortable and well equipped for two. Bedroom/lounge with twin beds (can be zipped together to make a double), sofa, Kitchen/diner with small cooker, microwave. Large shower with separate toilet. Sauna. French windows open onto a delightful garden with lily pond and orchard beyond. Ample parking, use of garden furniture and barbecue.
Located between Dartmoor, Exmoor and the coast, the Priory is set in a peaceful location where the harmony of local energy is evident, both in its beauty and atmosphere. There are seventeen acres of gardens, woodland and fields to explore and ancient oaks to visit. A re-forestation project has recently been established as a nature reserve, with many varieties of wild flowers,birds and deer to be seen. A small lake has been recently extended.
SOME NEARBY FACILITIES
- How about catching trout for dinner (with help if wanted) down the road?
A range of hostelries with varying facilities are within a 4 mile radius.
- Coarse fishing - the nearest 1 mile away.
- Bude, with its popular beaches, surfing and cliff walks is approximately 20 minutes away.
- Clovelly with its cobbled streets and quaint shops offers a very different day out and is approximately 1/2 hour's drive.
- A choice of theme parks is to be had within 1/2 hour drive - The Big Sheep,
- Horse-riding is available in various locations.
- RHS Rosemoor Gardens - 30 minutes drive
- Castles - Tintagel, Okehampton, Launceston